Makes 24 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
3 eggs (I have my chooks to thank for fresh eggs)
1 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice (or ginger)
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup passion fruit pulp
1/2 cup desicated coconut
440 g crushed pineapple in natural juice
2 cups plain flour
1 cup self-raising
1 tsp bicarbonate
Olive or canola oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180ºC fan forced).
2. Spray muffin tins with oil.
3. Sift flours, bicarb soda and spices into a large bowl.
4. Stir through the sugar and coconut.
5. Combine the eggs, oil, pineapple, banana and passionfruit then stir into dry ingredients until just combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into 24 x 1/3 cup muffin tins. (I like to line my tin with fun patty pan paper)
7. Bake in moderate oven (180 C) for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
8. Allow to muffins to stand for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin to cool.
Dr Kara's tips: Try substituting 1 cup self-raising flour for 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour. It's just another way to add extra fibre to your diet. (Sssh...the kids will never know!)